Friday, May 25, 2012

Goodbye Kindergarten

A year of Kindergarten is a growing experience for children and parents together.  Although I have done this twice before, I still had some learning of my own to do.  For one thing, I learned to accept that my daughter was not going to be the most well-behaved in class.  Nor was she at the top academically.  Being a "teacher-mom", this was hard for me but I came around.  MY child is the one sitting in the back of class because she plays around with friends.  MY child is the one pulling sequins off her shirt and cutting her bangs.  MY child is the one who spends her high-stakes testing sessions looking around at the walls.

Oh, well.  Jaden had an amazing year in Kindergarten, regardless of being a less than picture-perfect student.  She learned to be independent, she learned to read, and (most days) she learned to be a nice friend.  She loves books, loves friends, loves her teacher, and loves school!



The Kinder teachers planned the sweetest promotion ceremony.  Here she is receiving her "diploma"...



and three minutes of cuteness you just have to watch.  She's in the front row, just left of the girl with pink polka dots...

 
Have a great summer with all your graduates, 
big and small!





1 comment:

  1. You have raised a wonderful little girl! She is ready for 1st grade!

    ReplyDelete