Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Nursery Set

Fisher Price Little People. Does this take you back or what? When I came across the vintage Little People toys on ebay I had trouble containing myself. I was browsing for several minutes before I realized I was actually crying AND talking to myself. It was the slam of memories flooding my head and heart that took me by surprise. There they were...the Tudor house, the nursery school, the barn with silo! Cows, dogs, planes and tricycles. Lounge chairs, gas pumps, school bus. Here were all these treasures of my childhood. I see them and remember clothing I wore, the color of our carpet, the smells of my mom's cooking. I hear my sisters' chitter chatter. Isn't it amazing how the sight of a little plastic baby sitting in her stroller opened the door to dreams and adventures I haven't thought of in 30 years?

So, I bought this set to put in Jaden's Christmas stocking this year. I know she's too little to really play with them. I know she may end up leaving them at the bottom of her toybox. I guess what I am really doing is giving her another piece of my heart. And who wouldn't want that for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment