Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Guilty, Guilty......Sooooo Guilty!

People may be surprised to learn this about me, but I don't always choose the straight and narrow path with the girls. Nutrition, check. Evening routines, check. Treating my children as I expect them to treat others, check. Holding back their innovation and exuberance? Not so much.

Craig thinks I'm on board. And I am! Usually. But sometimes...I just see things in a different way. I admit I am prone to be a little lenient when I think my girls are being adorably naughty.

Yesterday Jaden climbed in the Jumparoo. Yes, we have told her not to. Yes, I should have stopped her. And yes....I did see her trying to climb in out of the corner of my eye and turned away with a smile. In my defense, I didn't think she'd actually squeeze herself in that contraption! So anyway, I was right in the middle of snapping a few pics when Daddy came in and sternly told her to climb out. I rather guiltily tucked the camera behind my back and mumbled, "Oh, we didn't want her to climb in there?"

I have been caught doing this before. Last month, I spied Jaden climbing up to look out the window and since she seemed like she was surrounded by padding anyway, I thought, "What the hell?" Is it all that bad that I saw it as a photo op, really??

I don't know. I watch that girl like a hawk, and intervene when I know she's likely to get hurt. But I just love and admire her adventurous spirit. I don't really know how many "No, no Jadens" it would take before she stops, well... stops trying. I don't want to find out either.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Dawn! I love reading your blog! I agree with you no more "NO's" I also love, love watching any videos of my nieces. It makes me feel like I am not missing too much of their growing up. I have to tell you....I love being an Aunt...Thank you (and my brother). It feels like family!!!

    ReplyDelete