Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Peace

Every year at Christmas I buy myself a new ornament for my tree. My choice usually reflects whatever hobbies or styles I'm into at the time, or whatever big things might be going on in my life. Some are more significant than others, but each holds a memory for me...is a footprint in my life's path. Every so often somebody will admire a particular ornament and ask questions that I may or may not answer, depending. I usually downplay. Some things are held so close that they become too important to speak of aloud. I wanted to share my choice this year, though.

This year I chose a sapphire blue glass ball etched with a dove design around the center. I wasn't searching, but when I saw it I knew it was the one. It was the reflection of "me" this year. To me it symbolizes peace and tranquility, and that pretty much sums up my state of being right now. I feel happy and content just to be me...living my life in my own private universe. I feel at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment