Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Honey, Honey

Jaden thinks Caitlyn's name is Honey. I mean she really, really does. I guess we said "Hi, Honey" to Catie so many times that it must've stuck in Jaden's head that way. When she started talking, she called her Honey. "That's Honey's blanket." "Shhhh...Honey's sleeping." "No, no, Honey!!"

Jaden was so delighted when she first heard the music to Mama Mia. Someone was actually serenading her sister on TV! We sing and dance to "Honey, Honey" which, come to think of it, is actually pretty funny since those lyrics are a little PG13. I baby them up a bit..."Now I know what they mean, she's a POOP machine!" Yeah, yeah, no critiques, please. JADEN thinks I'm a riot!

I admit I wasn't terribly worried. I just thought it was one of those kid things. But now Honey is stuck in MY head too. What's going to happen to this kid when she goes off to Kinder and has to write her name? Or when she's in middle school and I let a few "Honey's" slip in front of her friends while driving them to the mall?

I suppose it is no secret that I am in complete denial about my little Honey growing up. So I'm just going to keep calling her my Honey and let that cement even further into my toddler's vernacular. And if Caitlyn grows up to be a stripper, I'll find some way to pin it on Craig!

No comments:

Post a Comment