Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happiness Bubbles

If I had any speck of talent, I think it would be awesome to be a photographer, because I just LOVE witnessing the happiness of others.

Like when a new mom cradles her baby, and you look into her teary eyes, and you can tell all her dreams have only just begun to come true. Or when a person crosses a stage to receive a piece of paper, and you realize they are also crossing a divide. Or when you watch somebody place a ring on the finger of his cherished love, and promise to hold her hand until his dying day. I'm telling you, I live for these sappy moments!

Tonight we went to an engagement party for a friend of ours. I watched the engaged couple hold hands, whisper to each other, and raise their champagne flutes to the well wishes of their families.

As I watched the bubbles fizzing in my glass, I thought to myself that happiness is a lot like bubbles. When fed, they multiply. If you touch them with a bare finger, they die out. But if you touch them with another bubble, they combine and grow stronger. And if you are lucky enough live inside one, everything you see is magnified and glowing.

So tonight we shared somebody else's happiness bubbles for awhile, and it was an honor.

1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful talent for writing! I love the way you look at things.

    ReplyDelete