Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Goo

There is just NO successful way to get medicine into a screaming, kicking, crying Caitlyn who adamantly refuses to take it. No. Way.

I'm telling you. I am covered in 2 doses of bubble gum flavored Augmentin as I write this. My shirt, my hair, my cheek. Even my toes feel sticky.

Here's what I've tried....mixed in an ounce of juice, mixed in an ounce of milk, in a bottle, in a sippy, in a pacifier feeder thing, in a syringe, in a dosing cup, on a spoon...nothing works! All my tricks, like blowing in Caitlyn's face as I squirt it in her mouth, are a big joke.

We have gotten to the point of restraining her and forcing it in. Doesn't work. She just spits it out. Forcefully...that's why I'm covered in goo.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to try mixing it into a couple of spoonfuls of her yogurt. Or pudding. Or ice-cream. I'm desperate!

And did I mention I'm covered in goo?

2 comments:

  1. Kind of reminds me of Green Eggs and Ham...

    Not in a sippy cup
    Not in a bottle
    Not in a syringe
    I will not try my medicine

    yada, yada...you get the point :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! The only time I've had this problem was with Zantac and really, who makes mint flavored medicine for infants?! Lily really likes Augmentin...and Motrin...and Tylenol.

    My only idea is to mix the dose in an ice cube tray with juice and make a popsicle out of it. That is of course if she likes icy cold treats!

    ReplyDelete