Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Don't Belong Here

I don't do a lot of shopping, not like your average woman.  But whenever I do get the chance,  I'm always eager to browse the baby-care aisles.  It's fun to peruse all the items guaranteed to make a Mommy's life easier.  Over the years I have found the neatest little gadgets, accessories and toys this way.

So I found myself in Target yesterday, without kids, without a deadline, and with time to actually browse.  After loading up on laundry provisions, I automatically turned my cart into the baby aisle.  I eyed the shelves, looking around.  It was several minutes before I realized...I didn't need any of this stuff.

Jaden is well into the transition from toddler to preschooler, with Caitlyn right on her heels.  We don't need bottles.  We don't need pacifiers.  We don't need new crib sheets or infant socks or Munchkin anything.  I have more bath toys than I know what to do with. 

That's when I knew.  My babies are not babies, and I don't belong here anymore.  That hurts.

1 comment:

  1. aww

    I'm anxiously waiting for the day that my baby isn't in diapers anymore and I can completely avoid that aisle.

    ReplyDelete