Monday, July 13, 2009

Dear Elmo,

I've been doing a lot of thinking these past few weeks. I've come to the realization that, while I still completely ADORE you, it's just not going to work out for us.

I'm growing bigger every day. I need more excitement, something more than just a crayon world. These things we once shared have simply become too toddler-ish for me. I think I'm ready for a preschool relationship now.

I confess that lately I've been seeing a lot of this other character, Barney. He doesn't have your furry cuteness, but he does have a whole show of his own. He sings and dances too, and when we're together, it's just magical.

I still love you. I'm just not in love with you the way I was last year. You are very important to me, though, and I don't want to lose you. You will always have a special place in my heart. Please say we can still be friends.

Love,
Jaden

PS...my mother misses you terribly and doesn't quite approve of my infatuation with Barney. If you care at all for me, please keep this secret between us.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Elmo!! I clicked on this and it really helped me. I've been trying to figure out how to post a blog. This site made one click work of it!! Thanks Dawn for accidentally helping me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I can't stand Barney and forbid it in the house. Thank goodness for DVR so I can record the things I tolerate and we watch them.

    Spongebob also isn't allowed because I hate him.

    ReplyDelete