Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Am The Mommy

Whenever I walk into a room, or when I come home after having been out for a while, Caitlyn is SO happy to see me. Her whole face lights up and she runs to me with arms wide open crying, "Dada, Dada, DA-DAAA!!"

Cute, hmm? We've tried to get her to say Mama, but it's just not sinking in. I tell her. Craig tells her. Even Jaden tells her that I'm not Dada, I'm Mommy.

She calls Craig "Dada" too, which makes me wonder if that is just her phrase for Parental Unit. However cute that may be, I still want my own name and my own identity.

Daddies are wonderful, and special, and important. But I'm a MOMMY. I carried this child in my mother's body. I nursed her, rocked her, and sang a hundred 3 AM lullabies.

Somebody...anybody... please tell Catie that I am the Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. well dawn, jonah calls amy AND i daddy. How about that one...lol

    ReplyDelete