Friday, July 10, 2009

Don't Quit

"Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." Muhammad Ali.

I read this somewhere a while back, and it kind of stuck in my head. I love the directness and do-or-die impression this statement leaves. I love how, when you think about it, it's applicable to anyone...in any situation.

It's SO easy to procrastinate. It's easy to be soft, and lazy, and impatient, or tell yourself all the reasons why you should give up.

Sometimes...when I'm exhausted and have school work to do, or when I'm busy and Jaden wants a story, or I feel like watching TV but there's dishes in the sink... sometimes I hear these words in my head, "Don't quit. Suck it up, do what you should and what's right, and don't take the easy way out."

You don't have to be an athlete to be a champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment