Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happiness is a Converse Tee

This week I had to go out to buy a pretty dress to wear to a wedding. Dress, shoes, wrap, jewelry...the works. I was pretty excited to attend the wedding, and I wanted to look beautiful, of course. But the SHOPPING...ugh.

I realize that, according to the laws of Womanhood, I'm supposed to love shopping, manicures, and a really great pair of shoes. I know it's supposed to be a dream to drift through the stores browsing, trying things on, whipping out credit cards and filling my heart and closet with couture.

Contrary to how most women feel though, this is NOT exactly my idea of a good time. When I go shopping, my philosophy is to get in, get what I need, and get the hell out...hopefully within 10 minutes. Shopping is just not my thing, I guess.

I went to several boutiques and department stores before finding something that was flattering, yet affordable. It was just a chore to be completed, and never once did my heart go pitter-pat.

Later on however, I went to Target to get a few other things. I was on my way to look for some socks and something caught my eye. The new Converse screen-printed tees were in! Butterflies, tree branches, peacock feathers. And all for $12.99 each! For the first time that day, I was truly excited.

I guess I will just never be a couture kind of girl. Pity me or envy me, but in MY world, shopping bliss is found at Target...and happiness is a Converse tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment