Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cannonball

Would it hurt, do you think, to step away from that straight and narrow line?  That path you've chalked from here to there, that direction really going nowhere?  Don't you ever want to curve away, from the predictable design?

It's a leap of faith, true.  But we have faith in so much we can't see.  We can't know what will or will not be.  And at the end of your self-prescribed path, what is left but to come back the same way?

Aren't you curious at all, to swan dive off the edge?  To close your eyes and take a chance, to land somewhere unplanned?

It doesn't matter that your line is rainbow hued and bright.  I can see the ruler's edge underneath, it's unforgiving linear groove.  I can see the places worn so thin that to step there would be a trap, with iron jaws and teeth that bite.

I'll help you if you allow.  I'm already there, but I'll come back.  Take my hand and close your eyes.

Cannonball off the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment