Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Number Four



Caitlyn fell asleep in my arms tonight, as usual, snuggled under her blankie. Instead of carrying her to bed, though, I just kept holding her for my own selfish reasons. Sometimes I just canNOT make myself put her down. I just rock her and kiss her and breathe in the smell of her freshly shampooed hair.

Who would have thought that my little number 4 surprise would have turned me into this sappy kind of a mommy? I love ALL my kids, and have enjoyed each one as a baby...in so many ways. But Catie....she's my last. My baby. It's different, somehow, and I'm beginning to think it will always be this way. I am not ready for her to walk or talk or grow up.

Someday in the future, not tomorrow or even next year, but someday...will be the LAST time I hold her and breathe in her baby smell, and that breaks my heart. I wish I could just hold on to that for a little longer. Just a little longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment