Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cannonball

When she was 8, Kharli wrote this poem (I had to dig it out of a box!):


Standing on the edge
sun warming my shoulders
rippling pool below
I have my suit on
I am ready
Cannonball!


Remember doing cannonballs, especially the first one of the year? The pool wasn't quite warm enough, probably not clean enough, and only wimps dipped a toe in first. The best way was to just squeeze your eyes closed and take that flying leap without looking back.

I am not a resolution making type of person. I think anything worth doing is worth doing without waiting for January 1st. But... I am resolved to living by the motto of my once 8 year old daughter. I'm not going to stand on the edge dipping my feet, testing the waters, waiting for everything to be just so. Kids have the right idea...life is better when you just jump in and make a splash. I have my suit on and I am ready.

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment