Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pirate or Ninja?

This evening we laid the girls down as usual in their beds. They were both awake but drowsy, and I expected them to fall asleep in no time.

About 10 minutes later, I hear Caitlyn sobbing in her bed. I rushed into see what the problem is, and find her standing in her crib, holding her blanket and crying for no apparent reason.

Then I noticed she had lost her binkie, so I began doing the hand sweep across her mattress in the dark, hoping I will find it. Nope. Floor? Nope. I shook out her blankets again and nothing. I finally resorted to turning on the light (only in emergencies should this be done!) but I still didn't see it anywhere. All the while, Caitlyn continued to scream and cry, and the tears were beginning to drip off her chin and soak her jammies.

Desperately, I called to Craig to help me, and he found it right away. In Jaden's MOUTH! The little sneak had been so quiet all along, which was very unusual for her when there's a screaming sister 10 feet away. She was just laying there snuggled up, trying to stay low I guess.

After settling them down again, I tried to picture this scene in my head. Did Caitlyn drop her binkie and Jaden, seeing a window of opportunity, rush in to claim the spoils? Or did she tiptoe up to her half-asleep baby sister, sneak a hand in through the bars, and try to pull the binkie out of Caitlyn's mouth without waking her? What do you think...is Jaden a pirate or a ninja?

2 comments:

  1. hahaha jaden is a sneaky one! But I'm gonna say pirate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I think I say pirate as well!

    ReplyDelete