Sunday, April 26, 2009

Unbreak My Heart

Lately whenever Jaden doesn't want to be physically restrained or dissuaded in any way, she'll cry and say "Way from me!" Which basically means, take your hands off and don't touch me. Typically, I find this a little cute. So although I do the right thing and discipline her for speaking to me that way, I smile on the inside a little.

This morning I was cuddling with her on the couch and I whispered, "I love you, Babydoll" and leaned in to kiss her. She looked right into my eyes, shrugged me off and said "Way from me."

That hurt. Really, really hurt. She's only two, and I don't think she knows exactly what she's saying. Except, she does. She knows that she didn't want me stroking her face and kissing her, and had no problem voicing it. I don't think her intention was to make me feel bad, and 10 minutes later she was the one running to me for kisses.

Still...she broke my heart a little bit, and it hasn't fully healed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment