Friday, October 29, 2010

9...Picture a Friend

This post is about the "person who has gotten me through the most."  As I look back on my life over the years, I have to say that Melody is that one person who I truly counted on.  Here's an old-school photo from 20 years ago! 

There were several periods of my life, from 16 to about 25, when I just really, really needed a good friend.  Someone who cared about me.  Someone who was wiser.  Someone besides my mom and sisters to listen and understand me, and to just lend a helping hand once in awhile.  Being Kharli and Christian's grandma, she was always there for them, of course.  But she was there for me too, even after she wasn't my mother-in-law anymore.  So even though I have a new MIL who I love, and she has a new DIL who she loves, and I don't see her very often anymore, it doesn't negate my memories or feelings.  She will always be that person in my mind and heart who I remember as the one who had gotten me through the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment