Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Halloween has always been one my my favorite holidays.  I just love costumes!  In high school, before I decided to become a teacher, I daydreamed about studying theatrical fashion design.  I pictured myself heading off to Broadway with a needle, a glue gun, and my imagination.

Well, that didn't happen.  So I lived the dream vicariously through the big kids' Halloween costumes.  Every year I made their costumes, from designing, to sewing, to embellishing.  Those are some of my best memories.  It's tougher now with the little kids, being a working mom.  But while I don't have that kind of time or energy right now, I hope to get back to it soon.

To Trick-or-Treat or not?  That was the question.  You know how I am about candy.  How do I take my little ones from door to door and then not let them have their spoils?  So we decided not yet, but next year for sure.  They had so many fun things to do, though, they didn't even miss it.


At the pumpkin patch, looking for that perfect pumpkin...





 This year the girls wanted to be Disney princesses.  Here we are posing before heading off to the Little Gym's Halloween Party.

Here's our little Tinkerbell...

And our Ariel...


They had a great time at the party, although Caitlyn had to do the routine sitting out and being shy for 20 minutes.   Once she got into the swing of things, she was all over the place.  We might have to sign her up for Little Gym soon!

On Halloween Day we made cookies...






Then we carved our massive pumpkin.  Well, I carved and the girls gave me pointers.


  

  


 

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice Halloween...what great memories!

    :)Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pictures Dawn..I love them! Looks like they had a great time!

    Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete