Friday, July 23, 2010

American Girls

Next week while we're in New York we're going into the city and taking the girls to The American Girl's Place.  I'm so excited!  I've been reading the American Girls books for years.  I came once before to the Manhattan store years ago when Jacque and I took a trip to New York City.  It was so cool.  I can't wait to show it to the girls.

I know they are still very young and don't know the difference.  But regardless of whether either of them will "remember" going here years from now, I still think it's important for them to experience life's many joys.

I know a lot of people would argue that things like this are wasted on toddlers or preschoolers.  Some people might think that it's a waste to spend time doing things like dressing up for Halloween, or going to Disneyland, or even going to the Zoo with toddlers. People would argue that they don't get it, and will not remember anyway.

I just think that every single thing you do with your child, from the monumental to the insignificant, has some kind of effect on who they grow up to be. I want my kids to grow up and not ever remember a time when we did NOT do these things. I want them to look back and see photo albums of themselves being a part of our family and a part of the world from the day they entered it.  They are here on this planet, and deserve to really BE here.

So next week we are going to choose Bitty Babies and get photographed with them, and take them to tea.  And yes, it's overpriced for what it is, but I don't care.  My girls are going to have an awesome day and I will be there to remember it for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment