Sunday, July 18, 2010

To My MIL

I just really wanted to take a minute and thank my mother-in-law for raising such a great man.   I have four kids.  I know, really KNOW, how much love, time, and effort goes into mothering kids that grow up to be good human beings.  Her son is the most wonderful husband and father!

He is loving and affectionate.  He's the kind of guy who holds my hand across the car console or when walking down the street.  He's the kind of guy who reaches out to hug me as we pass each other in he hallway. He watches out for me and protects me. 

He is kind and generous by nature.  He will bring me flowers or my favorite pint of ice-cream, just to see me smile.  He has his grand gesture moments too, but he gets a kick out of doing little things to make me happy.

We don't argue a whole lot, but when we do, he is a fair fighter.  He has a way of explaining his side of things and always tries to not hurt my feelings. He would never call me names or try to make me feel bad.  He's not a doormat, though.  He doesn't let me boss him around.

He is a really good Daddy to his girls.  He does all the things that I do, and is a partner in every way.  He's thoughtful and patient with his girls, always putting their needs first.

My husband is the kind of man that all moms hope their sons will grow up to be.   So I just wanted to say thank you, Ellen :)

1 comment: