Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Bomb Shelter

I guess everybody has a mental list of things they'd stockpile in an underground bomb shelter.  It's too gloomy thinking about the end of the world, so let's just say...if I had to stock a Biosphere 2 shelter for a one-year human experiment,  here's what I'd include.

I would be SOL because my all-time favorite foods are cereal and fruit. I'm thinking milk and fruits and veggies would spoil quickly. 

I'd have to have a huge barrel of instant coffee. And instant wine.  Oh, what the hell...I can probably just get real wine.

Board games.  Like Life and Monopoly that have a bajillion pieces and take hours to play.

Handheld Yahtzee.

A LOT of books.  I'd say some kind of eReader, but bomb shelter rule #1 is that you are cut off from civilization.  So I guess that includes internet.

Notebooks, to write or make lists in.  And a Polaroid camera to document my rise to Yahtzee fame.

A potty chair with an automatic incinterator switch, cause there's no way I'm bagging anyone's waste for a year.

Some puppies. Can't go wrong with puppies.  And an incinerator for the puppy poop.

Oh, and some food and water and candles and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Really great efforts you have shown in your post. It would be great about to post some as bomb shelters for sale and Underground Bomb Shelter. Hope you continue with us.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete