Sunday, July 25, 2010

Supermom

Today I went grocery shopping and Caitlyn came along for the ride. I know she's only two, but I enjoy her company a lot. Especially in the grocery store because she loves food, so it's easy to entertain her.

As we go up and down the aisles, she likes to "hold" all her favorite things in the cart with her. Today she had several things piled around her, with a pint of blueberries and huge bag of steamable broccoli front and center in her lap.

So anyway, there we were...walking around in the produce section while Caitlyn "reads" her packages,

"B-r-o-c-c-o-l-i. Dat's broccoyi! I YIKE dat broccoyi! B-l-u-e-b-e-r-r-i-e-s. Dat's byou-bewies. B and B!"

Then she she started counting all her packages as she dumped them in the back of the cart, and asked to go to aisle number 4.

I looked up from my shopping list to a crowd of people all staring at us with their mouths opened wide. Without pausing a beat I said, "Um...yeah. So dat broccoyi makes you pretty smart." and walked away laughing to aisle 4.

Those people looked at me as if Caitlyn was some kind of genius toddler and I was some kind of Supermom. Not really. I mean, Catie's great and all, and it DID make me proud that instead of all the junk she could have asked for, she chose two of the top 10 superfoods to hug to herself. But still...it was just some freak of the space-time continuum that those people happened to see her showing off everything she knew all at once.

I did walk away a little taller, though. Today's Supermom status might be temporary, but I'll take it. Way to represent, Catie!

No comments:

Post a Comment