Thursday, September 16, 2010

6 Things I Wish I HAD Done

Okay, so this topic is supposed to be "Six things I wish I had never done."  Seemed pretty okay until I sat down to write it on Tuesday, then Wednesday, then today when I realized...I am never going to write this.  The thing is...I don't think I even have 6 things.  Plus, the ones I do have are way too personal, so I'd probably gloss over them and list a bunch of silly things.  And if I'm not going to be honest, then what's the point?

So here are my things I wish I HAD done in my life, sort of like missed opportunities.  Maybe I will have another chance someday.

I wish I had seen the Louvre when I lived in Germany.  Paris was so close.  So close.  Why didn't I go? Who goes to Europe and doesn't go to Paris?  *sigh*  That's a big one.

I wish I had started a birthday tradition with my big kids.  Now that they are adults, it's easy to fall into the routine of never having a routine.  I would have liked them to grow up and tell stories to my grandchildren that started with, "Every year for my birthday, Mom would always..."

I wish I had taken more pictures of myself with all of my kids.  Years behind the camera, rarely in front, and now I have so few photographed memories.  I am working on that one.

I wish I had stayed in touch with old friends.  Craig is really good about  keeping in touch with everyone he grew up with.  Each of my sisters has at least one really good friend that they've stayed friends with since High School.  Friendships from your youth are precious, and I let mine go without realizing it.  It's a shame.

I wish I had started using sunscreen in my 20s.  Wrinkles and freckles and skin cancer are scary things we never think about when we're 18.

I wish I had learned more about nutrition and education when Kharli and Christian were little.  They're both very smart and fairly healthy, but I think more B vitamins and antioxidants at age 5 could have rocked their worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment