Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dear Kharli,

I just wanted to tell you what a difference you have made in my life over the last 22 years.  You were a very early, surprise gift, but you were the best one I have ever received.  Being your Mom has been the best thing I've ever done with myself.

When you were a little girl, I worried all the time that I wasn't going to be able to give you all that you deserved.  Maybe another family could have done it better...wiser.  Maybe.    

Well, here we are, two decades later.   And it's true, I haven't been able to give you everything I'd hoped to.  But despite all that, you turned out to be such a fantastic person.  You have grown into exactly the young woman I always hoped I'd raise, and I love so many things about you.

I love how you push yourself to become what you set out to.  No matter what gets thrown at you, you keep going.  You bitch and moan, cry a little, but then when many people would give up, you persevere. 

I love how passionate you are.  When you believe in something, you go all out.   You have such determination, and I admire that.   You will do great things one day, I'm absolutely certain of it.

I love how kind and accepting you are.  Where others only spread intolerance, you hold out a hand.  You are gracious, and thoughtful, and friendly to everyone.  This is my favorite thing about you.

I am so glad you are my daughter, and I thank my universe every day for giving you to me, and I hope I'm worthy of that gift.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment