Thursday, September 2, 2010

♫...Everywhere I Go-Oh, People Wanna Know-Oh...♫

Here we are, finishing up the third week of the new school year, and I've been asked every day how I like my change to 1st grade.

So, I've been debating on whether I should let people into my thoughts, or just lay low.  I feel kind of sheepish, as if I'm being braggy when I say how well things are going.  And I'm pretty good at laying low, but that gets boring quickly.  So, envy me or be happy for me; here's the real deal.

I think I can safely say it's going fantastically!  So far, so good, and I'm pretty happy :)  I love my kids.  LOVE them!  I am thrilled with my kids.  My favorite thing about this age is they are so pliable.  They just eat up everything I say and do, and look forward to more tomorrow.  They are believers.  I tell them they're smart and wonderful, and they bust their butts all day to live up to that.

They ARE work, though.  I had many a warning about how tough it is to teach first grade. And  I DO work hard, all day, every day.   Sometimes I can't figure out how I will do all the little things I have to manage to do.  There is just no down time...ever.  EVER. That's been the hardest part for me.

That said, I really think I'm doing an awesome job.  I think I'm pretty good at managing a classroom of 26 six-year-olds.  It just seems to come naturally.  Maybe I should have been here all along.

However (and there's always a disclaimer, huh?) IF you just happen to see me after a long day, and IF I start whining about my tough job, please resist the temptation to rub it in!

2 comments:

  1. If you read this yesterday...yeah, I edited to be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you! Those 1st graders are lucky to have you!

    :)Mary

    ReplyDelete